Sunday, August 17, 2008
What a Difference a Year Makes!!!
Last year I walked (with my cane) five miles at the Relay for Life. This year I struggled to make almost 3/4 of a mile. I did raise $600 dollars, tho, $100 more than last year. It was fun but it really got cold before morning and the dew made everything very wet. Now to get back to finishing Barbara's quilt and do more canning, cutting wood for winter and cleaning Leona's house and disposing of all her stuff. Keep up the interesting news. I love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
3.4 of a mile is worth just as much as 100 miles! You made the effort and you did your best! I think it is wonderful that you participated.
Yes, but you WALKED the whole 3/4 of a mile. Didn't you finish in a wheelchair last year? No matter the distance, WAY TO GO! (BTW - I had 3 academics tell me today that 20 minutes was too long of a walk)
Post a Comment